Wednesday, October 01, 2008

21 Days

It never fails.

I am three weeks away from Free Money From Work.

That is, if I stay healthy. And the kids stay healthy. And I can quell my churning stomach.

My job has many lovely benefits, one of which awards you with a bonus if you go 6 months with no sick days. Before the kids came along, I racked ‘em up left and right. Mo’ money, mo’ money, mo’ money. But damned if I haven’t had one in the last 12 years. I am now the closest I’ve been since…twenty-one days away. And, of course, while I'm valiantly fighting off a raging cold that came on like a team of wild horses, I am now faced with a belly ache that not only made me crawl in bed clutching the damn thing last night, but woke me up at 4 a.m., unable to be patted down. So now I’m squirting Zicam up my nose for the cold, drinking tea for the belly, and hoping to the Almighty FSM that I can make it through this. ‘Cause I'm not gonna let a little discomfort get in the way of me and Free Money.

To make matters worse, this song was in my head this morning. Ohhhhh…the sickly sweetness of it all…somebody bring me a bucket….


6 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger jo(e) said...

Oh,great. Now I've got that song in my head!

Hope you are able to fight off the sickness monsters!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Im rootin' for ya!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Bob said...

gawd. that song by itself would drive me to a mental-health day.

you're a better (person) than I, gunga din.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

good lord, what is this?????????
hey, feel better Mona and good luck!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Ha! I turned it off before it could get stuck in my head!



...no, maybe not.
CURSES!

Hold on, lady, yer almost there!! I'll send you some healthy thoughts.

--Lisa

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

I'm sure the bloggy mojo will work and you'll be able to battle off all illness and fee the Free Money! The bloggy mojo rarely fails...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home