Thursday, September 18, 2008

Poetry Friday WORD for Tomorrow...Chapter 1: Feelin' Minnesota

My eyes are playing tricks on me.

Something has happened to my eyeballs in the last few weeks, changing their shape while I slept... or maybe all the stress is distorting their shape from behind, in my brain pan...whatever it is, I am no longer able to see distance properly with my contacts in. Which pisses me off royally, as wearing glasses bugs my face, makes me look entirely too bookish for my taste, and is a general nuisance. But of course I can see perfectly with spectacles perched on my nose. Bah.

The upside, if there is one, is that while I do force myself to wear contacts (for vanity, and the ability to breathe properly), things in the distance appear dream-like. Wavy, like viewed through a waterfall. Blinkblinkblink, I can see for a moment, and then the waves come in and I'm standing on the shore looking at a watery sheet of blurred colour. If only I could paint it.

We're gonna try something different for Poetry Friday the next few weeks. We'll focus on the Five Senses. And perhaps a Sixth Sense. This week the Poetry Friday Word will be about SIGHT...any word you choose that relates to this will do...EYES, GLASSES, VIEW, whatever gut reaction you just had...you felt it, right?...to thinking about sight...write about it...take a picture, tell us about that operation you had or the crazy things you thought you saw when you dropped acid that one time.

I leave you with a visual. Turning the key in the ignition at Ridiculously Early Hour today this song raged against my ears, and I was amazed at how many words I still remembered and how hot Chris Cornell looks...daaaaaaamn....


1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

OMG I did have one. I think I'll just slot some time for myself tonight to make sure and get this one busted out. Nice one Mona!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home