Thursday, October 02, 2008

Poetry Friday WORD for Tomorrow: Chapter 3: Yesterday I ate popcorn and then drank decaf coffee and it smelled like....

We're soldiering on with our Poetry Friday Exploration of the Senses. The word/theme for this week centers on the sense of SMELL. Why? Why not! In this part of the country the leaves are starting to turn rusty orange and mustard yellow, there's a hint of smoke in the air, and every store smells vaguely of cinnamon. I never think I like Autumn until I'm in it...then it's one of my favourite seasons. I make big pots of chili and chowder, buy pumpkin-scented candles, pull out recipes for Oatmeal Cake and Sweet Potato Pie. My sniffer goes on high alert, relishing the smells that usher in the Fall, and Holidays, and that tingly feeling in my belly that I hope to jeebus never goes away.

Feel free to sprinkle some spice over your blog post tomorrow with musings, imaginings, and True Life Stories about our Sense of Smell. Too bad Blogger doesn't have a Scratch-N-Sniff capability. Or, maybe, knowing my dad and his propensity for Pull-My-Finger, I should be glad it doesn't.

(Oh, and the title of this post? It smelled like a Bob Marley concert.)

4 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean sweat and ganja?

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hm. I can't smell much...and it makes me sad most of the time. Except when it protects me from the product of a pulled finger (or pot of chilli...)

Fall is my favorite...trees are crimson and gold and orangey orange 'round here. I am in heaven!!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger meno said...

Maybe a post about all the times when i wish i had NO sense of smell.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

lessee, you would have been a baby I think when Bob died, so you are quite the hipster aren't you lady??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home