Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Ten Things

1) Presidents Day screwed me up and now I think it’s Monday and all week I’ll be lost.

2) I am suddenly and curiously in love with Jim Jarmusch. I mean, I’ve loved him for a while, but now I can’t get him out of my head.

3) The reason I can’t get Jarmusch outta my head is his film “Coffee and Cigarettes”. I’m jonesing for both (caffeine and nicotine), and can have neither. Plus, that scene in the film with Tom Waits and Iggy Pop was stellar and hilarious. I wanted to be their waitress.

4) I’ve said it before, but there is NOTHING better in this world than sleeping bare-ass naked.

5) I want to bonk Henry Rollins.

6) Today at work I will listen to “The Woods” by Sleater-Kinney, Green Day’s “American Idiot”, Cake’s “Pressure Chief”, and The White Stripes “White Blood Cells”. I am convinced I need them to be productive today.

7) I am compiling a list of tattoos I’ve been considering. I will accept your input.

8) If Robert Redford offered me a million dollars to sleep with him one night, I would totally do it. Not that I’m in love with Robert Redford, but he’s clean and nice, he did start the Sundance Film Festival, he was hella cute in ‘Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid’ AND ‘All the Presidents Men’…and he has a million dollars, just for me.

9) If Robert Redford offered Sergei a million dollars to sleep with him one night, I would totally let him do it.

10) The best thing about London is the tea. Every morning in the Mount Royal Hotel, they would bring to my door a tray full of crusty rolls, butter, and a steaming pot of tea with milk and sugar on the side. I’d sit by the window, milky tea in hand, stare over at Marble Arch, at the corner of Hyde Park, listen to the squealing metal-on-metal of cabbie tires and the patter of feet below, at the gray dull crayon of a morning, feel the rain itching to bear down, imagine who’s in the tube station and where the Queen was at that very moment. This morning I drank my milky American tea with longing for another look down the Thames beside the fish lamp posts, for another trip to the fish-and-chip shop with twelve choices of catch, for another breath of the air that my ancestors chose to share with me. I will get precious little done today, it seems.

3 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

You can choose the fish for your fish 'n chips?

Mindblowing.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Pisser: YES! It's the most amazing thing EVAH. Problem is, I don't know cod from scrod. I'd just point at something and hope it was good. (It always was.)

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Orange said...

If scrod is the past tense of screw, then what is cod the past tense of?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home