Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Just Lie Back and Think of England

1) Yes, it’s true…Sergei does have a date tonight. What he didn’t tell you is that when he sees his young lady, I am also granted time with a certain young man I’ve known for 9 years or so. It’s a bit of tit-for-tat, or quid-pro-quo, or just plain ol’ nananana-booboo-me-too. We have nothing so fancy planned as dancing and music, and I doubt he’ll give me flowers, but we will have some nice one-on-one time, and we’ll no doubt end the evening totally exhausted.

2) Since I started dieting, I’ve been eating a salad every day for lunch. The end result is that I now poop every day or every other day. This adds a wonderful balance to my digestive repertoire, as my body in all it’s aging slowness (and thyroid-complicated-ness) was used to a once a week schedule, twice a week if I won the intestinal lottery. And now you may take a break to rinse your eyeballs off with sanitizing cleaner.

3) I can’t watch the news anymore. Everything is bad, just bad, and worse, just worse. Like this. And this. Fuck a duck. Mark my words, next GWB will be trying to get political cartoons outlawed. Especially Doonesbury.

4) Very soon, I’ll have to buy new pants, and I can’t tell you how much I hate shopping. With a passion that exceeds all passions.

5) I’m babysitting. I’m babysitting Girl-child’s new doll. The doll I told her she couldn’t take to school today. The doll is on my desk wrapped in a pink puppy-patterned blanket, with a tiny stuffed mouse by her side. My co-workers don’t quite know what to make of it. I hope they think I’m loony and need to go on a good, long vacation.

6) Go visit Chunk O Funk. Just go.

7) I can’t get “Train in Vain” out of my head. I saw the Clash in the 80s, and they sucked (and not in a cool “We’re Primus and we suck” kind of way). The guys were drunk, or stoned, or drunk and stoned, and could barely stand up. They played a short set and hit the green room for more chemicals. But. I still lurv ‘em. Daft fuckers.

8) There was a 3-car accident outside the building where I work this morning. I always find my morning gets off to a more raucous start when I’m greeted by cops and wrecker trucks and sheets of ice.

9) Sometimes I like to do lists and can’t bear ending on an odd number. It’s part of my OCD-ness.

10) And now I have to pee like a big dog.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

Every other day? I'm like every-other-hour, and that's if I didn't eat junk food.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home