Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Déjà vu

I got myself a cup of decaf tea this morning, and as I was steeping the bag, the Kinks “Lola” started running through my head (“El Oh El Ay”). Then I went back to my desk, and opened an email from a co-worker wanting me to investigate a client’s account.

The client’s name?

Lola.

I finished examining the account and sat at my desk thinking how much better and more fulfilling my life would be if I was an artist. A flesh-and-blood artist, and not just someone who knows how to make obscene stick figures. How I could never be, because I was so old. Remembered that Grandma Moses didn’t start painting til she was, what, 80 years old? That made me feel better. I bumped into a co-worker of mine a few minutes later who teaches special art projects at her kids’ school. I asked her who the next artist would be that she’d introduce to the kids.

The artist?

Grandma Moses.


“Yes”, I said to Suicidal-Guy-In-Loveless-Marriage during our IT Projects meeting this morning, before he even said, “Are you done testing the email project?”

“He’ll be late today”, I said to myself before I called the extension of the warehouse guy who let us run out of Kleenex…and the phone rang and rang….


I now have a funny feeling in my stomach, a Christmas feeling, a vacation feeling, a lightheadedness of delight sprinkled with anticipation.

Maybe I should play the lottery….

7 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Ariel said...

Do it! Run out and buy a lottery ticket right now!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Rose said...

You are totally having one of those days where you have One Foot On The Other Side.

OH MY GOD I totally would kill to have more days like that.

Go! Do it! Do something lucky!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Elliot said...

I've had those days. But, one thing I noticed for me is that if I try to be lucky, it doesn't work. I am cursed to just go through the day, panting like a labrador retreiver, just waiting for those profound insights to come to ME when they want.

Now, if you should, say, happen to spontaneously sneeze on your calendar, and you notice that the snot droplets settle on six different numbers...

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

oh man - I'm getting the chills just reading this entry!

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Miss Sassy said...

My sister would do this all the time... she'd tell me we already had this conversation or some such... got me thinkin I shouldn't let her mix my drinks for me, if you know what I mean.

Then again, whenever I feel perfectly aligned with the universe its usually de ja vu and I have come to take it as lifes way of saying I'm right where I should be =)

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

I am also uselessly psychic like that. I'll be singing a song to myself, turn on the radio or start the car, and boom. It's on.

Now if only we could use our power for evil... ;)

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Marcheline said...

Didja do it? Didja? What happened? Are ya richie rich? Tell!!!!

- M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home