Y’know It’s Hard Out Here for a Pimp
1) I saw “Hustle and Flow” last night. After all the hype, I was expecting something along the lines of ‘Electric Boogaloo’ with a gangsta bent. Luckily, it was no such thing, and only a handful of cheesy “money” shots (the camera pans in on a face, and you realize this is a ‘moment’, or an ‘awakening’). Nice script, great acting, and solidified that Terrence Howard must MUST be on my Fantasy Boyfriend list. Again. Damn, but that man’s fine. And now I have the songs in my head today. ("with the Cadillac and gas money spent/and a whole lotta bitches jumpin' ship")
2) This week on the movie-watching agenda is “Howl’s Moving Castle”. Miyazaki is an excellent filmmaker, fast becoming a family favorite of ours. After seeing “Spirited Away”, we bought the DVD and now lend it out. Our kids insisted we purchase “My Neighbor Totoro” after we rented it. They're on the Japanese Anime cusp and they're beautiful, with interesting story lines, and sweet, so the kids can watch them. Check 'em out if you haven't.
3) I worked in the yard on Saturday. I planted a lilac bush, a snowball bush, strawberry plants, carrot seeds, pulled weeds, bagged branches, and transplanted some hostas. On Sunday, I woke up and my back punched me hard and said, “No no, silly girl, you will pay attention to ME today,” and promptly seized up. Like I was an old, old woman. The spasms in my spine were so bad I couldn’t breathe. I took some Motrin, and luckily remembered we had one of those Therma-Care back things, they stay warm for 8 hours, so I strapped that bad boy on and…ahhh…relief. Until bedtime. I couldn’t get to sleep, and then I slept mostly naked and uncovered, with stupid dreams. This morning my back grabbed me with force and hissed in my ear, “Remember me? Punk? I’m gonna make yer life hell today.” So I have that to look forward to. Which is nice.
4) Does anyone else get a hard-on when they receive a package from Amazon?
5) As Sergei said, yesterday we allowed ourselves to eat sugar and crap and whatever else we wanted. I didn’t go overboard, some of the kids’ Easter candy during the day, a dinner roll, and 2 desserts after dinner. This morning I feel like hell, twisted stinkin’ hell. My belly is plotting revenge, and my bowels are in on the action. Fack. Interesting to note that when I have sugar or carbs, my joints and muscles refuse to move during the digestion process. Sugar is the devil. The yummy, chocolate-coated, caramel-laced devil.
6) Poetry Friday...jo(e), Jeremiah, Chunk o Funk, Butch Stroll, and Gypsy had awesome posts! (If I neglected to mention yours, please email me with a slap.) If you haven't read them, you MUST. GO. NOW. and read them. I forgot to mention, the 5 (or 10) minute 'Fast Write' rule doesn't need to apply to this new thing...I surely couldn't write that monster in 10 minutes. Hell, I can't write my grocery list in 10 minutes. This week, Jeremiah will be choosing the Word. Stay tuned, and please feel free to play along!