Thursday, July 27, 2006

Banditos

More and more lately, that Refreshments song keeps popping in my head, especially the line….

“Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people….”

This happens when I’m driving, when I’m shopping, when I watch television. It manifests itself in mutters, swearing, and creative naming alternatives for ‘bitch’, ‘jackoff’, ‘pussy’, and ‘fuckhead’. Because I’m trying to not swear around the kids.

Why is this happening?

The most obvious reason is that I’m getting old and crotchety. Bitch bitch bitch.

The next obvious reason is that the saying is true…I can’t even read the opinion pages of the local paper anymore, so insipid and whiny. I'm finding the relative inability of people to think, comprehend, communicate, and decipher is pissing me off, and life's too short to deal with them.

The last obvious reason is that Local College Radio Station has been playing the song a lot lately.


“But I got the pistol, so I get the pesos
That seems fair.”

(Link to lyrics from Kevin Smith’s message board at viewaskew)

Oh, and the Poetry Friday WORD for tomorrow? FAIR. Take it and run, y'all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home