Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Justification for stealing candy from a baby

When the kids have sports after school (or day camp in the summer), I pack a blue thermos bag with juice boxes, granola bars, crackers, nuts, and whatever snacks I find at arm-reach, for them to eat on the way. Last night I put the remains of the family-size box of Crunch N Munch into two snack size Ziploc bags and threw them in there too.

I have to bring that blue thermos bag into work with me so the food doesn’t get all gross and melty in my hot car. So it sits on my desk and tempts me.

I just opened the bag and those bags of Crunch N Munch looked way too full, like the sides were bulging out and the Ziploc part was close to exploding! Carmel popcorn! All over the bag and probably my desk! So I relieved those bags of heft and zipped them shut (they looked a lot better) and just finished eating the offensive Crunch N Munch. Now I sit in a growing sugar buzz, knowing I saved my kids from certain choking death and/or facial food explosions from that damned Crunch N Munch.

Plus the Crimson Permanent Assurance is in town and it’s day two (also known as Crime Scene Day), so I’ll eat whatever the hell I want and don’t. Try. To. Stop. Me.

Plus the kids prolly shouldn’t eat that much sugar anyhow, and see how careful and considerate a mom I am?

(I will not look in there again and let the chocolate chip granola bars tempt me with their evil luscious goodness…no…I will not…no…aw…dammit….)

6 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

"."? Me, too.
I want...some carmelized onions. And a hazelnut chocolate Ritter Sport bar. And a pony...and a steak.

You're such a good mama. I can't even remember to pack food for ME to eat...

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

Back in the oliver twist days, the kids at table scraps and mush. So really you're doing them a favor and building character in your kids.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Pisser: If you have a jar of Nutella in your cupboard, you should take a big ol' spoonful of that and slurp on it. Yeah, I keep that away from the kids too...uh...choking hazard.

Cynical Girl: Hells yeah! Don't want the young'uns to be spoilt or anything...they can eat food without my slobber on it when they're older....

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger jo(e) said...

The sacrifices we make for our children.

 
At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Candy is bad for babies teeth, so you're doing them a favor...

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Ah, we should all just install a chocolate fountain in our homes and be done with all the packaging!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home