Friday, September 29, 2006

Poetry Friday: The Word is PINK

The lovely and talented Maggie has offered up the Poetry Friday Word for today...PINK.

Whaddya know, my mind immediately took the 'dirty' route on this, and it took a damn long time for me to think straight, without images of body parts flashing around in me brain.

Feel free to sprinkle the word Pink in your blog posts today, in whatever form wets your whistle...story, poem, photo, butter sculpture, recipe for world peace (or whirled peas).

Me, I have one list...and one thing, well, one thing I'm doing on-the-fly before the guys all get in to work this morning. I'm gonna type and type and then hit Publish Post without proofreading it. Could suck. Could suck well. Like me.

Have a good weekend, y'all!


Mona Thinks of Ten Things Pink

1) I pulled up to a stoplight last night, and the Beemer in front of me had vanity plates that said, “Dr. Evil”. Then I noticed a pink children’s car seat in the back. Pink? You can’t be pink and be evil.

2) The underwear I have on is pink. In the half-dark, I thought at first it was taupe. (I know, it’s a silly girl thing.)

3) In elementary school, my “favorite colour” was pink.

4) The processing center at my workplace uses pink highlighters to convey information on certain forms. We’d use it as a verb…”Can you pink this?”

5) Pinking shears are neither pink nor shear.

6) Long ago my girlfriends and I figured out, Anglo skin is either of pink or yellow undertone. Pink burns…yellow tans. I am not pink. And I have a constant tan spot where no one but my husband can see.

7) I also have pink areas that no one but my husband sees. (Oh, and my gynecologist.)

8) Yesterday I had to see said OB-GYN for what’s known as a uterine ultrasound. (Fibroids are one ‘bonus’ of getting older, apparently.) I stripped from the waist down, and the lab tech inserted what amounted to a camera-toting-dildo, wrapped in a condom, into my cooter and took pictures of my pink insides. Somewhere in my blog archives I’ve praised this procedure, not for the amazing medical evidence it can bring to light, but for the fact that a condom-wrapped-dildo-like-device being rotated and slid in and out of one’s Area 51 is not exactly an un-pleasurable experience.

9) The band XTC did a song called, “Pink Thing”, which lead singer Andy Partridge claims was written about his newborn son, but which we all know actually refers to a penis. Or so I’d like to think.

10) “Pink”, the word “pink”, always reminds me of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, wherein Tim Curry (aka, Dr. Frank-N-Furter) sings “I Can Make You a Man”. YouTube has the video, and I’ve watched it several times already this morning, and it’s not yet 7 a.m. The site of Curry in drag makes me, ohhhohhhohhhohhh…shake...my pink thing.


And of All the Colours of the World, The One that Brings Your Breath in Hard

The sheets,
being old and soft,
slid down my hips as your
fingers commanded
The curve of bones
the sweet sweep of flesh
the sound of velvet stroked
the sound of deep echoed purrs
furnace kicking
skin pink with flush of
the warm wave coming in
rolling top to bottom to top
what's soft, what's hard
what comes together
tangled in limbs
tangled in sheeting
lifted up
sus-
pen-
ded-
gently unrolled down the curling
edge of the salty sea
treading
slowly
back to shore

6 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, that all made for interesting and fun reading. Loved the poem very sensual (not a surprise).

BTW everything ok with the scan I hope?

I did do a post on "pink" as well, but completely different. It's interesting how we all interpret this differently.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Lucky Star said...

your poetry always astounds me.

slurp.

Pink to me will always be Aerosmith's song. "it's my favorite color", "like red but not quite", "the color of passion" etc. Love it. Otherwise...not much use for pink. My skin is so very pink that it really doesn't look great on me. Besides, it's so giiiiiirlie. ew.
heh.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Your poem was more "disturbing" than my fantasy post....hot and bothered I be. Loved the list too! Its been fun seeing the variance in thoughts on the color.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Stroll said...

You most certainly can be pink and evil.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Gives a whole new meaning to the terms "Hot Pink" and "Shocking Pink"!! I did one too this week. Colours are always easy to write about so you've got a whole rainbow to use when you can't think of one. (Orange or black for Hallowe'en? Red and green in Dec., or red for Valentine's? Yellow for Easter? I did this when I taught my own Gr. 3 class.)

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Thanks for the link! (Just noticed now!) I've linked you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home