Thursday, November 16, 2006

Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow, and then I combust, or is that self-destruct?

1) I ache. Terribly. Maybe it was the terrific and terribly large company lunch we consumed on Tuesday, and which my body has yet to dispose of. Perhaps it’s the Crimson Permanent Assurance, whose job it is to make me miserable several days of each month. Or maybe it’s just that I looked at my To-Do list for the upcoming holiday season and had a small panic attack. Whatever it is, I’m miserable, pain in every crevice and muscle group. I’m entertaining thoughts of going home sick, which I never do. NEVER. With that in mind, the Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow is “PAIN”. Feel free to use that in your blog post tomorrow (Friday). I’m gonna take some Tylenol.

2) I’m back. From taking meds, that is. I have been contemplating going on hiatus from blogging for a while, because my posting has been spotty as of late. I chalk it up to my work load, both at my office and at home. The thing is, I can’t imagine NOT blogging. Funny, huh. When I miss a day or two of posts, I feel guilty, and not even in the sexy “ooh, I get to go to confession and spill my guts about the terrible things I did” kind of guilt. Wait, maybe I have that wrong…do Catholics feel guilt? (I know stereotypically it’s my Jewish friends, but that’s such a tired cliché. I have to say, the confessional is the greatest thing ever invented for the sake of organized religion. It’s like a sin-bath…poof!...the sin is gone!) Blahblahblah, I’m still here. I just have to live with the fact that some days, Blogger will just have to miss me.

3) Daniel Craig is looking sexier and sexier to me every day. Apparently in the new James Bond movie, he emerges from the ocean with a skin-tight wet bathing suit on. What a little tease.

4) Yesterday as I was driving home, I saw a woman riding her bike across the street, and she looked exactly (EGG-ZAC-LEE) like the witch in “The Wizard Of Oz”, same posture, same face, same manic way of pedaling. All she needed was a long skirt and a picnic basket tied to the back of her bike.

5) We watched “The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes” the other day, and one of the actors was the guy who did the voice of Fred on ‘Scooby Doo’. I looked him up on imdb this morning. He has over 500 credits…how can that EVEN BE?? I don’t know the man, and he could be the world’s biggest asshole for all I know, but I still feel the urge to hug him.

6) I feel it’s really pathetic of me to recognize teen actors from Disney Channel shows, and link them to other Disney Channel shows (and High School Musical), like some sort of adolescent “6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon” thing.

7) I need to cut out 24 cardboard shields for Boy-child’s classroom, as they’re going to be studying castles and knights soon. I hope Homeland Security doesn’t look at my grocery list, because top of the list is ‘box cutter’. I can’t cut cardboard with scissors, so if you’re Homie Security guys, back off.

7 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better. Maybe a massage from Sergei might help?

*A* says a massage always helps and rejuvenates her.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Good word. Thanks.
I cannot wait to see the James Bond movie - Hubbie is supposed to take me on a date to see it...
Did the woman on the bicycle cackle?

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

You sure have a lot on your plate! So are you still gonna make home-made cards?!!!

(Draw thy sword!)

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger meno said...

I snickered after reading #1, about the CPA and then #2 where your blogging had been spotty. But i am really an adolescent inside.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Orange said...

Hey, you post more often than I do on Orange Tangerine. No guilt, Mona!

When my sister was talking about buying tickets for the high school musical, I didn't know why her daughter was in a tizzy about getting tickets together with her friends. O-o-oh. Disney's "Highway Robbery Musical." I get it. I don't think Ben's ever seen the TV show, and I am so glad to have boy when I think about girly pop music!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Honeybee said...

Do Catholics feel guilt? Honey, we stole it from the Jews and made it New and Improved All-Thought-Encompassing Guild. Tori Amos has a lyric "Got enough guilt to start my own religion" and it sure rings true for this former Catholic girl.

But confession was never a fun guilty.

Anywho...sorry you feel crappy and that you recognize kids from the Disney Channel!

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Marcheline said...

OK, now I'm gonna do something inventive and comment on your comments instead of commenting on your blog - how's THAT?

Sanjay - Yeah, Mona is famous for telling Sergei "mmm, that feels good, honey - a little lower. No, a little lower than that..."

Maggie - somehow the question about the wicked witch made me cackle... and snort some red wine through my nose.

Honeybee - Tori Amos has hit it on the head with so many things, religion among them, that I think she should run for president. She knows how to cut right through the bullshit and rip out the red-blooded heart of the matter while it's still beating. You also made me snort red wine (same glass) with your crack about the kids from the Disney Channel - hahahahaaaaaa!

(back to you, Mona) - thanks for writing even the occasional post, which gives these freakin' funny people a place to post their comments! By the way, there's a busgirl at my restaurant who looks EXACTLY like the Wicked Witch of the West (poor thing) and she's only 19... I have to bite my lip not to hum the bicycle witch theme song from "The Wizard of Oz" when I see her....

Cheers,
M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home