Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow, and then I combust, or is that self-destruct?
1) I ache. Terribly. Maybe it was the terrific and terribly large company lunch we consumed on Tuesday, and which my body has yet to dispose of. Perhaps it’s the Crimson Permanent Assurance, whose job it is to make me miserable several days of each month. Or maybe it’s just that I looked at my To-Do list for the upcoming holiday season and had a small panic attack. Whatever it is, I’m miserable, pain in every crevice and muscle group. I’m entertaining thoughts of going home sick, which I never do. NEVER. With that in mind, the Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow is “PAIN”. Feel free to use that in your blog post tomorrow (Friday). I’m gonna take some Tylenol.
2) I’m back. From taking meds, that is. I have been contemplating going on hiatus from blogging for a while, because my posting has been spotty as of late. I chalk it up to my work load, both at my office and at home. The thing is, I can’t imagine NOT blogging. Funny, huh. When I miss a day or two of posts, I feel guilty, and not even in the sexy “ooh, I get to go to confession and spill my guts about the terrible things I did” kind of guilt. Wait, maybe I have that wrong…do Catholics feel guilt? (I know stereotypically it’s my Jewish friends, but that’s such a tired cliché. I have to say, the confessional is the greatest thing ever invented for the sake of organized religion. It’s like a sin-bath…poof!...the sin is gone!) Blahblahblah, I’m still here. I just have to live with the fact that some days, Blogger will just have to miss me.
3) Daniel Craig is looking sexier and sexier to me every day. Apparently in the new James Bond movie, he emerges from the ocean with a skin-tight wet bathing suit on. What a little tease.
4) Yesterday as I was driving home, I saw a woman riding her bike across the street, and she looked exactly (EGG-ZAC-LEE) like the witch in “The Wizard Of Oz”, same posture, same face, same manic way of pedaling. All she needed was a long skirt and a picnic basket tied to the back of her bike.
5) We watched “The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes” the other day, and one of the actors was the guy who did the voice of Fred on ‘Scooby Doo’. I looked him up on imdb this morning. He has over 500 credits…how can that EVEN BE?? I don’t know the man, and he could be the world’s biggest asshole for all I know, but I still feel the urge to hug him.
6) I feel it’s really pathetic of me to recognize teen actors from Disney Channel shows, and link them to other Disney Channel shows (and High School Musical), like some sort of adolescent “6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon” thing.
7) I need to cut out 24 cardboard shields for Boy-child’s classroom, as they’re going to be studying castles and knights soon. I hope Homeland Security doesn’t look at my grocery list, because top of the list is ‘box cutter’. I can’t cut cardboard with scissors, so if you’re Homie Security guys, back off.