Thursday, October 26, 2006

Pirate Eye Patches and a nice nap

I have my eye surgery this morning, which I'm sort of looking forward to (no more leaky eye! good drugs! naps!) and sort of not (they should NEVER tell you at the pre-op surgical consult exactly what they're gonna do...it's too weird and icky, and I nearly lost my lunch).

I'm sitting in the bedroom with my shirt undone, no makeup, nothing to eat or drink since midnight, the cat howling at me, and the sun reflecting mustard gold on the turning leaves. Every once in a while I'll look up into the trees in the backyard, from my little office vantage-point, and see a leaf careen down through the branches, too tired to hold on any more, committing autumn leaf-i-cide. It's very pretty, and relaxing. Which I need.

Sort of freaking out a little. Yeah, I'm a big pussy-baby, I have no problem being puked on by my kids or seeing my husband's fresh surgery scar, or heck, I even loves me some Discovery Channel surgery shows. But when it comes to me being sick, yeah, I basically want my mommy. Pffft....

Have a good weekend, y'all!

13 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with the surgery!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Mr. Don said...

Good luck, and get well.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger jo(e) said...

Thinking of you this morning, and wishing you lived closer so I could come give you a hug ....

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

good luck, Mona! I had eye surgery myself (not the same kind, but hey - an eye is an eye) and I am hoping your recovery is swift and painless.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Go dry your eye. And after when you're pirating around your house, I'm wishing you much quiet, relaxation and many hands to deservedly wait on you.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A "you'll be fine" grip on the shoulder to ya. And, here's one of my famous martinis. Get all the rest you need.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Lucia said...

Take care of yourself. Naps are good.

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww good luck with the surgery. Good karma coming your way. :)

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

Hell's bells, I turn my back on you for two shakes and you both are having surgery. I can't take you ANYWHERE.

Hope everything went perfectly OK.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Bear said...

Sending lots of positive thoughts, warm wishes, and hopes for a flawless surgery and a very speedy recovery your way, Mona..

Hugs!

Bear

(Should that be Bear-hugs?)

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger annush said...

Good luck!!!

I wish you amore than speedy recovery :)

xox-
annush

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Orange said...

I had eye surgery...when I was a year old. My grandma gave me a teddy bear for the occasion, and it's the only toy from my childhood that I still have. I hope you've been nurtured and coddled since your surgery. You've earned it with all the nurturing you do—milk it for all it's worth!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Megan Stuke said...

Big congratulations on the successful surgical procedure. You are much braver than Eye. (I suck at this, yes?)

Happy Halloweenie!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home