Thursday, October 12, 2006

Well butter my butt 'n call me a biscuit

1) It's snowing. SNOWING. Goddammitgoddammit. Winter...I. Am. Not. Ready. I still wear shorts and strappy tank tops around the house, though, I don't care if it's 31 degrees outside, inside it's summer, dammit.

2) I went to the dentist this morning. Now, all you dentists out there, I'm sure you're wonderful people. I have nothing against you personally. I do, however, take issue with the breeding stock that bore me with such icky teeth. My parents both had dentures by the time they were 30. They did, thankfully, instill teeth-brushing in us kids, and that I do. Flossing, OTOH, sucks. It's like, well, it's like making your bed. No one sees it but you, and you just end up doing it again anyway, and I'd much rather use that two minutes of flossing time as sleep time. See, that's what I tell myself, and why every dentist visit my gums bleed like tha dickens. Today, yes, they bled, and I waited with anguish for the dental tech to say, "The dentist will be in shortly", 'cause that means he gets to harrass me about my flossing and don't I need another crown so he can get that new outboard motor he really wants, and it's time for the 'deep scaling', which is a pleasant way of saying, "we're gonna shove these sharp metal sticks under your gums and scrape around in there til you can't remember your own name". BUT. After the dental tech cleaned my teeth, she said the magic wonderful words, "The dentist is out this morning...I saw no cavities...we'll see you in a few months!" I could have hugged her. Didn't. But could have.

3) Ah kids…Girl-child woke up around 2:30 a.m. with a cough-rattle in her throat. Sergei woke up first and attended to her, medicated her, but she didn’t want to go back to sleep. Then I got up with her and was putting her back in bed when I made her clear her throat, hard, as it sounded like she was breathing through chunks of jello. She made a motorcycle revving sound, coughed, and spit a beautiful wad of phlegm into my waiting hand. And on her pjs. And on her thumb. After cleaning up, we snuggled in her bed for about an hour, until about 4 a.m. and since I had to get up at 5 a.m., I crawled painfully into my own bed. But she slept. Ah.

4) Poetry Friday Word is a-comin’…stay tuned.

4 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well butter my butt 'n call me a biscuit err done ;)

Snow? WTF was my response when I saw the weather channel this morning. Seems too early to me. *sigh*

Flossing helps. And yes I hate doing it. If I don't floss the next visit to the dentist always confirms that. SO I have to do it. Ughh!
But *A* hardly ever flosses and does not seem to have an issue.. So go figure.

As for the Friday poetry word. I guess I am off the hook this time? Been a crazy week at work and in between the long commute, physical therapy, long meetings at work, just not had the time to think of one. Oh well..

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

That has got to be the MOST positive dental appointment I've ever heard of. Maybe if I close my eyes really tight and wish really hard I could have one like that!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Lucia said...

Flossing. Not flossing. Bleeding. Yep, this sounds like me at the dentist. And I always lamely explain to the dental hygenist that I'm educated in what I'm supposed to do. I Just. Don't.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

Supposed to snow here tonight too. I am so not ready for winter yet ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home