Friday, October 06, 2006

I don’t want to go on the cart…I think I’ll go for a walk…I’m getting better!...I feel happy…I feel happy…OOF!

Between a work schedule that’s sucking the very lifeforce out of me, a daughter sick with fever/stomachache, and a son with pink eye, I haven’t been much of a blogger these last few days. When I do find those magic moments at home when the kids are in bed and the dishes done and the cat puke lovingly disposed of, instead of signing on to Blogger and writing some pithy little declaration, I fall asleep on the couch…or standing up…or on the toilet.

I also have a vague recollection that tomorrow’s my birthday.

In the immortal words of OK Go, “Do what you want” with Poetry Friday today. I have a surgery consult this morning for my stupid eye, and then I have to bust more than a few heads here at work so we don’t traverse into the dark ages of Marketing. But I’ll be ‘round to y’alls places soon enough. Hopefully without this pit of despair for a stomach.

5 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday first of all, and I hope you get to relax a bit on the weekend. I hope the kiddos feel better soon too. Maybe you can have Sergei give you a nice relaxing massage. I think they work wonders.

Hope all goes well with the surgical consult and hope you don't need to go under the knife.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Happy happy birthday!
Take it easy, focus when you consult, and then run around like a banchee hollerin to the moon! Ok maybe just blow out some candles and have a day for you.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Have a good one! But get better, too! Hope all goes well with your consult.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Marcheline said...

Happy B-day, Mona - and I hope your woes recede with the sunlight as we descend into October.

- M

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home