Thursday, October 19, 2006

Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow, plus count backwards from 100.

The handsome and talented Karmic Jay has graciously offered up the Poetry Friday Word for tomorrow. Go to this post to find it. Go. Now! Tomorrow, feel free to shake this word over the steaming bowlful of your blog post, however it polishes your silver…story, poem, photo, audio post of you in an Awkward Social Situation, note from your doctor, etc.

I’m working a very short day today because my wonderful husband, Sergei, is having surgery this afternoon and I will be his faithful servant. Don’t worry, y’all, it’s not life-threatening, but it is necessary. Out-patient, good drugs, days off work, yeah, all good. Next week the tables turn, as I have surgery on My Stupid Leaky Eye and Sergei will be looking after my sorry whining ass. (The only time I’m a huge baby is when I’m sick, and by that I mean, when I’m puking my guts out. This has happened 4 times in the last two years, and looking back now, I believe all those times weren’t stomach flu as I originally thought, but food poisoning. I blame packaged salad greens. I sincerely do.)

Yesterday I mentioned that I’ve been to a doctor eleven times in the last two months. Lucia asked if I was serious. So I looked it up. Now, I’m lumping all manner of doctors together, including dentists (sadistic little bastards) and any place I had to go that my insurance paid for under ‘health benefits’. I’ve seen:
1) Ophthalmologist
2) Pediatrician
3) Ophthalmologist
4) Pediatrician
5) Optometrist (or whatever you call a ‘regular’ eye doctor)
6) OB-GYN
7) Ophthalmologist
8) OB-GYN
9) Ophthalmologist
10) Dentist
11) OB-GYN/Mammogram

Thank the jeebus for insurance!

Send good juju our way, if you believe in juju, that is…!

8 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Here's me sending good vibes your way. And stop with all the appointments will ya? Jeez, how are you supposed to focus on what's important, like your blog, with all that going on?

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to both Sergei and you!

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh you are being way too kind in your description. Don't get your hopes too high as I may be at a creative nadir.

Good luck to both of you with your surgeries.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Lucia said...

Good lord! Sending tons o' juju for both you and Sergei. Looks like you're bouncing between eye and vagina doctors.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Orange said...

Ooh, I hope Sergei's surgery went well. My SIL had some things removed from her innards today, and that surgery went well. And your eye-fixin', may it also go smoothly.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

ohhh, surgery. bad. Good juju comin' your way!

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you haven't had to see the veterinarian and the tree surgeon yet.

Stop visiting doctors; it's bad for your health.

Sending some good health juju to every livin' thing at Stately Buonanotte/Clankhoff Manor.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Hope all those appointments will better your health in the long run. From May 1st to Aug. I went to 18 appts so I know what you mean and in Ont. Canada, we all have health coverage for almost everything, thank God!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home