Friday, November 17, 2006

Poetry Friday: The Word is PAIN

Feel free to use PAIN in your blog post today. Painfully. I have such a pain in my arse. Oy, this donut gives me such a pain. Y’know how it goes.


I have not much time to write just now, but what Pain brings to mind is that chart in the doctor’s office, always when the kids are sick or hurt, that the doctor points to and asks, “Which face shows the pain you’re feeling?” And the range goes from smiley face all the way down to excruciating pain face. Smiley is zero…Excrucio is ten. I think we’d all be better off as a human race if we could just shout out the pain we’re feeling…”Three!”…”Nine!”…”Four and a half!”.

3 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

I love the image of shouting a number to indicate our pain. Next time Hubby and I go through a rough spot (I hope never), I'm just going to shout my number till he starts talking to me. Heh.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger meno said...

TWO!

Getting old bites.

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate those little charts. They have 'em in hospitals too. If I'm really in pain, I'm not thinking enough to shout our numbers or point at smiley/frowny faces.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home