Thursday, May 31, 2007

Poetry Friday Word for tomorrow, and Spielberg’s “Survivor: Hollywood”

The last few weeks I’ve been running around like a mad woman.

By that I don’t mean angry.

Just like, y’know, crazyinsanebusy.

“Mad”. In that proper British form, where Colin Firth smiles at me, "You're mad!", (hey, it’s my fantasy), cups my chin, pulls himself to me, even though I just ran through the fountain in the central square and am sopping wet, and he kisses me passionately as we fade…and…cut!

Wait.
Must finish fantasy.


Okay, I’m good.

The Poetry Friday WORD for tomorrow is MAD. “Mad” in any sense of the word. Insane. Furious. Wild. “Mad skills”. “Mad About You.” Feel free to sprinkle this word in your blog post tomorrow, in whatever sealed envelope you wish to rip open…story, poem, pencil sketch, mime, photo of you with Snidely Whiplash moustache tying Nell Fenwick to the tracks and cackling, “I’ve got you now! Bwahhahahaha!”

Has anyone caught “On the Lot”? It’s a reality-tv show from Steven Spielberg, wherein a bunch of promising film-makers compete for cash, prizes, and hugs from the comely hostess. (The dress she wore this past Tuesday had even ME staring at her cleavage, muttering, “Damn, girl!”) I’ve been watching for the last two weeks, and while amusing, sometimes boring (please, just tell me NOW who’s eliminated, don’t give me that 5-minute stare-down while the camera moves all Sergio Leone-like to the faces of the remaining three contestants), I have a feeling the show is rigged. Or, at least, some of the contestants are taking advantage of the online voting system. This week the challenge was to make a one-minute short comedy film in a week. One of the three winners had a film ("Getta Rhoom") that was horrible…just horrible…at least to my sensibilities…and while I’m a lover of dark comedy, I couldn’t take this film seriously. It was mean-spirited and nasty. OTOH, some of the films rawked...check out 'Danger Zone', 'Lucky Penny', and 'Replication Theory'. Also, 'Dance Man' from last week has me considering the lead actor as a future Fantasy Boyfriend....

(Update: Just found out the 'Dance Man' is actor Mark Feuerstein. And now that I take a closer look at him, I realize he can't be Fantasy Boyfriend material, 'cause he looks too much like my sister's boyfriend, and that's some sort of incest, isn't it?

4 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger karmic said...

Good to be like mad busy at times..:)

No I don't watch much Teevee

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...cleavage, humour, fountains, and madness blooming like flowers in the spring. Too much to comment on, so I'll just wish you a very Happy Walt Whitman's birthday today, and get to working on my Friday post like a...heh...madman.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Lucia said...

Hey, I just found the word to describe how my life is these days...right here on your blog...crazyinsanebusy.

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home