Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sleepus Interruptus

I was kissing my fantasy boyfriend and making a gourmet dinner with him in my sky-high penthouse suite in Manhattan when my alarm rang this morning. Dammit. The alarm never goes off when I’m in the middle of a bad dream, only the good ones, I swear it’s some sort of conspiracy.

I sat up and tried to get my bearings, but it took a while. I kept losing my train of thought. I bumbled, stumbled to the bathroom and sat there, wondering what I would have made for dessert for my fantasy boyfriend, and was it chocolate, and jeebus I hope so.

While putting on makeup, I ran out of three products. Concurrently. That's weird, isn't that weird. Knowing I’d never remember what they were by the time I slunk downstairs, I put the empty packaging in my pants pocket to add them to my grocery list. I almost forgot once downstairs…I couldn’t remember what to put in my lunch bag, and did I eat lunch?, and am I sure I’m not just dreaming this too?

I managed the drive to work. I sat down and was overcome with the feeling that if I didn’t have caffeine, and in large doses, I would surely die. Die a horrible, twitching, lonely death. Given that I gave up caffeine months ago, and have started my second cup of caffeinated coffee splendor, this morning will certainly be interesting.

6 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was kissing my fantasy boyfriend and making a gourmet dinner with him in my sky-high penthouse suite in Manhattan when my alarm rang this morning.

We have the same boyfriend!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

I wonder if fantasy boyfriend looks anything like your husband? Or maybe he looks more like David Lee Roth in 1983?

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger egan said...

So, how is the day going thus far?

I hate it when you have cool/good dreams which get interrupted. I try desperately to get them restarted, but usually can't. Fantasy boyfriends are nice.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger meno said...

Mmmmm. One of those dreams.

It's a sin to waste it by waking up.

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never learned the trick to lucid dreaming, and I agree--it's always right at that important moment that the alarm goes off, or the cat decides that a certain part of you is perfect for a scratching post.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I love dreams...

I'm kinda like (the blubberously fat version of) Ally McBeal--remember how she wanted to go into a coma to live in her dreams? yeah...someday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home