World from the bottom of a well
I have been unmotivated and unable to blog. As is evident by my lack of. Blogging. First I was in hospital, then long and lazy weeks of recovery at home, then last week started up the kids’ schools and I headed back to work and that whole frantic lifestyle kicked in, and my brain, when it has a few minutes, wanders to jeebus-knows-where.
Maybe the doctor accidentally severed my blogging nerve?
I had a post in my head last night, but can’t remember it. So I’ll do what comes easily…a list.
1. After 7 weeks of doing practically nothing and eating practically everything, I stepped on the scale last week and had this reaction: “Oh! Shit! So that’s what desserts four times a day will do!” I started a South Beach/Atkins diet and have dropped a couple sympathy pounds. I’ve never done well with carbs. I do very well with protein. I have high hopes.
2. I’m resuming my regular physical activities. Like walking. And weights to make my arms look less like marshmallows. And some Kegels, just because.
3. Of course, tonight Boy-child’s school is having their annual Ice Cream Social. I’ll take a bottle of sparkling water. And smile broadly.
4. During my recovery, I became addicted to The Discovery Channel. And to VH1 Reality shows, specifically Scott Baio is 45 and Single, Rock of Love with Bret Michaels, and The Pickup Artist. Yes, I am ashamed, thanks for noticing.
5. I see the dentist tomorrow morning, and no, I haven’t been flossing regularly, and NO, I can’t afford that crown we’ve been putting off for a year now because I’m still paying for this summer’s operation. I might just eat some oreos before I see the hygienist, ‘cause I’m evil like that.
6. What can y’all tell me about Neil Gaiman? I’ve heard his name bandied about on Teh Internets for ages now, and recently bought “Coraline” for Boychild and me (but which I can’t start until I finish reading “The Princess Bride”). What should I know about Neil?