Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Egg Wine

There’s a poster in my new dentist’s office, a harlequin holding two bottles of wine, standing on grapes and eggs, with “VOV” in big letters above the clown.

What.
The.

I Googled it once I returned to work (after the filling, after the bad news about the crown that fell out and would threaten to fall out until she could see me again in 10 days…Ten Days).

Vov is an Italian aperitif. An egg and wine mixture something like zabaglione. Which I’ve never had either, and which is, I would guess, one of those you have to try, experience, and give thumbs up/down on.

I’m all for trying new foods. Especially foods that have been around a while and which, in my white-bread, working class upbringing, never made it to the table of my youth.

But eggs and wine? Ta-gether? Sounds like something we whipped up in college before heading out to the bar, something to coat our stomachs or some such baloney.

Still. I’m willing to give it a chance. Like eggs + cream + whiskey (or rum, hells) equals egg nog.

Meanwhile. I’m still trying to find the damn stuff. I’m purposely on a hunt for a liquor that I don’t need and haven’t tried and may waste good shoe money on.

9 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Charmed said...

But why would that be in your dentist's office?

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Lucia said...

Too bizarre for me.

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poster! I've always loved French clowns because they never seemed to put on that creepy display of false happiness that American clowns seem required by law to do.

Gods I hate clowns. *lol*

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Pomme said...

It looks a lot like Marsala wine, that my girlfriend (named Mona) loves. It's absolutely delicious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsala_wine

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Don't you just love those seeds planted in your head that lead to great hunts? I think you might find that the hunt will make it worth at least the expenditure of time if not the money just for the fun of searching and saying you found. But eggs and wine does sound weird.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger jaded said...

I don't know about the combo, but I prefer red wine with my scrambled eggs and bacon (evening comfort food for those of you getting me a referral AA).

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Reminds me of my dad's quest for a Pimms Cup back in the mid-80s. They were quite good too. I say go for it.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Bear said...

Hey Mona!

I know that feeling of not being able to engage in 'chit-chat' or come up with much to say on your blog... I think it has something to do with filtering out anything that isn't absolutely essential... sort of your body's way of letting you know that too much stuff is going on, and that you need to jettison some crap and make room for you... just my thought. I have run into this myself... sometimes you can't really do much in the way of change at first, but, once you manage the major stuff and get most things under control, you have to be careful that you aren't still running on full-steam out of habit...

I thought I would share something with you;

Here is a link (to my blog… or you could just go there..) to a recipe for “Orgasm Soup” that I thought you might like!

Marcheline & Bear’s "e;Orgasm Soup"e;

Marcheline and I invented it/made it/had it for dinner tonight… it is AWESOME!!

If you & Sergei decide to try it out… let me know what you think! I think you will like it!

Take care..

XXOO

Bear

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger egan said...

I love the Google aspect of this post. Don't know what a word or product is, Google it. The internet really is such a great invention.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home