Thursday, September 20, 2007

Poetry Friday Word for tomorrow, plus Flav and Josh

In the last 10 days, I've been to two ice cream socials. The schools around here are correct in assuming our 30% obesity rate will play very nicely, thank you, into 50 cent ice cream sundaes and a chance to meet your child's teacher. The schools are always packed. And the kids never finish their ice cream, as the siren's song of the playground equipment is always too much to resist. (Like they didn't get enough of it during the day??)

The Poetry Friday Word for tomorrow is SOCIAL. Feel free to use that word in any or all of it's variant meanings, in whatever form you choose...poem, photo, audio post, story, cotillian dress, teen-angst recalling, trippy college moment....


Yesterday morning on my way to work, I turned a corner and almost ran into Flavor Flav. I swear it was him. Same clock around his neck. Same clothes. It wasn't even 6 a.m., so I can only assume he was going home from a late-night party and couldn't follow the pattern of the sidewalk. I swerved to avoid hitting him, and it reminded me of those scary movies where the heroine is driving and the Scary Man With an Axe appears in front of her car out of nowhere and she swerves and drives past, then sighs relief that she's safe, only to look in her rearview mirror and see that he's now sitting in her backseat! Argh! Flavor, next time, use the sidewalk, m'kay?


I had this song in my head yesterday. Josh Homme is like this ubergod of college radio rock (QOTSA, Desert Sessions, Eagles of Death Metal), and the more I see and hear him, the more I'm swooning. I feel an appointment to the Fantasy Boyfriend List approaching.... (If he's good enough for Polly Jean, he's good enough for me.)

5 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Lucia said...

Bleah...the ice cream social seems like it could get a little disgusting. Melting ice cream all over the place. Gorging adults. Eeww! Maybe it's time to come up with a new idea for a social. (OK, can you tell, I'm not an ice cream lover? I'm disinterested in it except for a bite or 2 of the really fabulous stuff.)

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger your fiend, mr. jones said...

"reminded me of those scary movies where the heroine is driving and the Scary Man With an Axe appears in front of her car out of nowhere and she swerves and drives past, then sighs relief that she's safe, only to look in her rearview mirror and see that he's now sitting in her backseat!"

And then you wake up and turn to your husband saying "Honey, I just had the strangest dream..." when, all of a sudden, you see your husband... is FLAV!!!!

And then you wake up and turn to your husband...

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger karmic said...

And the kids never finish their ice cream

Is it the eeevil portion size?

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger urban-urchin said...

I love Eagles of Death Metal. I'll have to check this guy out. It would be a trip to see Flavor Fla at 4 pm let alone 6 am in Detroit.

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It was a zombie. A time zombie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home