Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Comfortable Existence Reduced to a Shallow, Meaningless Party

1) Went to the doctor yesterday for my yearly physical (not the girly wee-haa! stirrups one, 'cause as you know I am minus a few parts, thank the jeebus). Doc says I'm healthy as a racehorse, except I've gained a few pounds since my last visit. I had to patiently explain to him that I ate like a pig over the Holidays ON PURPOSE, and yes, I'm currently working to shake them off, courtesy of diet and exercise. Poor man just doesn't understand.

2) Overnight Computer Guy hasn't washed in days. Or weeks. He came into my cube this morning and I was overcome with the odor...eyes burning, couldn't speak. He smelled like Fritos stuffed in dirty gym socks. How does one confront a co-worker with this? I've tried before, oh how I've tried, in subtle ways, like giving him a 'personal kit' of shaving cream and deodorant and soap in the Christmas gift box the department gives him as a 'thanks' for his hard work. I think he must have eaten the soap. Time to get HR involved....

3) Bellydancing! Had my first class Monday night, it was a blast! I wasn't so sore yesterday, but today...URGH. The teacher warned us we'd be using muscles we don't normally, and boy howdy was she right. Next class we get to use finger cymbals, and I expect I'll be snaking my arms around the kids making clicking noises soon after...driving them appropriately crazy.

4) Poetry Friday is BACK, y'all! I've missed it terribly, and the lovely Maggie emailed me and kicked me in the pants (and I liked it). As I'm just getting my blog-legs back, and as I love Maggie so, she will be offering up the Poetry Friday WORD this week. Go Maggie! Check her blog, and check it often!

5 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

Bellydancing sounds like total lose your inhibitions fun! Did you wear a cropped top and a swingy skirt? Finger cymbals. Man you're going to be a total goddess dancer aren't you?

As for Mr. Fritos Gym Socks, uh ewwww. HR is a good option. Other than that perhaps you could have a gas mask in your cube and when you see him coming you could throw it on. Either he'll get the point or worry that you're losing your mind.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Don't worry, we're all in that same poundage ..or...ah...porkage position! Hope the dance school doesn't go BELLY UP!!!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger jaded said...

Woohoo! Poetry Friday is back!

Where's the footage from the belly dancing class? Hmmmmm.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger meno said...

I had to deal with a stinky employee once. That was NO fun. But it did work.

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still reeling from the previous post...

Yay Poetry Friday! Yay dancing! Yay self-arousal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home