Wednesday, January 09, 2008

If Momma Ain’t Happy, Ain’t Nobody Happy

If you took the amount of stress I conjured up since my last blog post, and rolled it up into a nice burrito shape, and covered it with sour cream and guacamole and hot salsa, you’d be eatin’ on that thing outta the squeaky plastic take-out container for months. Yeah boy, I was a-feelin’ it. I ended up burning out physically and creatively…a real purdy mess of a girl. I decided to take two weeks off from work, the two weeks the kids would be out of school on Winter Break, and it was Heavenly Slothfulness…no stressing out about work or buying presents or wheretobewhen. I ate. I watched movies. I had lots of Mom Chats. I never did get around to drinking bottles of wine. Say Lah Vee.

For the first time ever, I took pen to paper and wrote out my New Years Resolutions. Stuff like, Smell Good. And Wear Jewelry. Move Your Ass. Do Your Nails. Take A Class. All the selfish stuff that I push aside, and now dammit, gimme it. I finally found a bellydancing class and signed up for it (and I don't care one gorram bit that my current belly is too much like jelly...fack that, I'll shake it off). My earlobes are now busy cuddling earrings. I have stories churning in my head, movies and scenes and seductive kisses that will keep my brain occupied (and which I hope will come out here).

I feel better.

Maybe ready to be a blogger again!

To make up for several absent posts over the last few months, let me atone by shoutin’ out…

Happy Birthday, Mother-In-Law!
Happy Birthday, Other Mother-In-Law!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Birthday, Boy-Child!
Happy Hanukkah!
Happy Winter Solstice!
Merry Christmas!
Happy Kwanzaa!
Happy New Year!


I leave you now with Matthew Santos, who is fast making his way up to Fantasy Boyfriend (Alternate) position….




Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

You're back! And you sound like the old Mona, not old as in coot, but old as in spunky, fire fierce, full of creative juices Mona. Welcome! I've missed you a lot.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Orange said...

Mmm..what? Huh? Oh. I see you've moved on from Mike Rowe. We've watched so much "Dirty Jobs" in this house, and that deep voice and the strong hands and the charm have done me in. My husband has no idea. :-)

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger jaded said...

Belly dancing. Yep, it's the real Mona.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Maggie: I've missed you too! And your new photo is TOTALLY cute!

Orange: Oh Mike Rowe is still in there...I cheat on my Fantasy Boyfriends with him...and Mike rotates in to Alternate Boyfriend Status during some self-love sessions...!

Patches: Wanna join me??!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

Good for you for devoting some time to Sloth. It's my favourite of the deadly sins.

And hurray for belly dancing! You are going to love it. Be sure to get yourself a hip scarf that jingles and jangles. That makes it that much more fun.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Welcome back New Woman!
Glad you're feein' good. You've been through a lot since last summer!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! Welcome back. Glad to see your batteries are re-charged! *hug*

P.S. Last letters in the Word Verification are 'fab'. Couldn't have said it better myself. *s*

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Megan Stuke said...

YAY! Mona's back!

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Gorram." Mona sweet, your welcome return and off-the-cuff use of that slur just outed you as a Firefly geek. You just moved up five points on the Irrelephant Cool Scale.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger meno said...

The best part of the belly dancing is the costume. Where else do you get to wear a jeweled bra?

Nice to hear from you!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

jo(e): I already have the finger cymbals, and I'm going to look for a rockin' scarf after work today, I can't wait!

mother of invention: Thanks! I'm all revved up!

nancy: Hugs back! I missed you!

gypsy: Yeah, baby!

irrelephant: I wondered if anyone would catch that. Yeah, I've been obsessed with it lately...why did they cancel that show? Why? I have a total unending geek crush on Mal.

meno: a total excuse to flash my boobies, oh yeah!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

Once upon a time I was in a play at the community center where they offer a bellydancing class. We needed the dance studio to practice, so we would always be hanging out at the door waiting for the bellydancers to leave. They were all pretty old, and pretty fat.

Fast forward a few years, I sign up for the same bellydancing class with a friend. I am pretty old and pretty fat. Lo and behold, everyone in the class is young and hot. I felt robbed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home