Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Thickfreakness

I've been totally "ON", baby, totally going over my internal speed limit, blowing past the white speed-trap machines, hitting Mach-whatevah until my insides shake and I feel dizzy with the motion.

Work is hell. Boychild has a birthday coming up, as do my two MILs (one of which is turning A Significant Age and is coming to our house to celebrate). Thanksgiving in two weeks. Jury duty. Christmas not long after that.

My To-Do lists have To-Do lists.

I actually think I do better when I'm totally stressed out like this, at least as far as getting stuff done is concerned. It does tend to bring out the snippy bitch in me, though (and the cashier at the grocery store last night was damn lucky I held my tongue...ya don't keep me waiting. Ya. Don't.).

I haven't been able to find a groove to it, though. A musical groove. Something to keep in a running loop in my head to inspire me or entertain me or keep me company while I'm running three errands in the 15 minutes between work and picking up the kids from school.

Until yesterday, when I found my Black Keys cd in my car. That shit rawks. Fuzzy, too-loud, balls-shakin' guitar garage blues rock. (If you're in a mood, pick up their cd "Thickfreakness". Seriously took me back to the late 70s, listening to a transistor radio through its hiding place under my pillow, while my mom thought I was sleeping, cranking Zeppelin and guitar-hero rock into my greedy ear. And now I think Black Keys owes me money for the shameless promotion.)

I'm in the Zone, baby.


6 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Lynnea said...

How do you have more than one MIL?

I was wondering how you were doing. Kinda figured things were heatin up in the season for ya. Groove on baby.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

I was wondering about the plurality of MILs, too.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Sergei C. said...

Because my parents have been variously divorced and remarried. Mona has, I believe, 2 MIL's and 3 FIL's, so far.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

oh yeah, The Black Keys and Led Zeppelin, mmm mm good

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Turkey, Mona! Miss you. :(

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Dan said...

You haven't blogged in a while. Hope all is well.

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home