Thursday, May 29, 2008

Poetry Friday Word for tomorrow, which I stole from Irrelephant

You know you're a Bad Blogger when you can't even remember your password to sign into the damn thing....

I've been bustin' my proverbial bawls this week getting Well-Known Internet Payment Giant attached to all the work websites, debugging it, retesting it, gloating with a certain pink-tinged sense of pride in my ability to be picky and relentless. And the damn thing...WORKS. What the hell.

I'm now helping plan soccer parties for two different teams (one for this weekend, one for next), scheduling end-of-school-year activities for both kids' classrooms, buying teacher gifts, graduation gifts, Dr. Bronners Peppermint Hemp soap (liquid), and trying to find time during a two-hour free block of time on Friday to get both an oil change AND my hair highlighted.

Or maybe my oil highlighted and my hair changed.

Realizing it was Thursday, I scrambled for the Poetry Friday Word for tomorrow. Came up with nothing. Then I read Irrelephant's latest post and thought, well, THAT'LL work. (I owe you, man. Bill me. Whip me. Make me write bad checks.)

The Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow is: RAIN

I know we've used it before, but it's a good word, a solid word, and I would also add that if you can use the word RAIN and something about being NAKED, you get bonus points and maybe your name on a virtual plaque somewhere.

Feel free to use the word RAIN in your blog post tomorrow, in whatever fancy-pants way you choose...story, poem, photo, recipe, heavy-breathing phone message, movie quotation, drive-in-theatre remembrance....

Hasta ta-marra.

2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

yeah, who did that song 'naked in the rain', was it the red Hot Chili Peppers?

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! This is the, what, second time I've made this sort of appearance in the Poetry Friday Challenge? Keep it up darlin', you're gonna give me the swell head. *chortle*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home