Thursday, May 15, 2008

Poetry Friday WORD for Today, plus Free Stuff, and moving Graffiti

I’ve changed the Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow, like, 5 times in my head. It’s just that kind of day. The schizo kind of day.

The left side of my body is in constant pain, thanks to weird sleeping positions (mine, not Sergei's) and a funny thing I’ve caught myself doing at work, this leaning thing, like the Tower of Pisa only with my body (and minus the gift shop at the bottom) The workspace around my computer is on the left side of my screen, and I l-e-a-n over on my left side and rest my body weight on that arm, that shoulder, that elbow. All. Day. Long. I’m convinced this “left side pain” thing isn’t a heart attack, ‘cause I’d be dead by now, and it’s been a constant pain for a couple weeks. I really blame Big Internet Project for the lean. Although the thought of a heart attack at my young age does sort of freak me out.

Based on this and a desire to get this blog post up before I keep changing it to death, the Poetry Friday WORD for Tomorrow is LEAN.

LEAN.

As you smart people know, there’s more than one meaning for this set of letters…M-W says it’s a verb, a noun, an adjective, a transitive verb. Whatev…it’s either something with no fat or something that doesn’t stand upright. Or a movie director.

Feel free to use the word LEAN in your blog post tomorrow, in whatever form rubs soothing scented oil all over you…poem, story, photo, limerick, audio post of your vocal utterances while getting up off the floor from the lotus position….

Now, the Free Stuff.

Today you can get a free iced coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. No joke. Go!

Today you can also get a free chicken breakfast sandwich at McDonalds from 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., PLUS you can get a free Southern Style Chicken Sandwich from 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Both require that you buy a medium or large drink. But FREE chicken. Don’t even think about that fact that their cumulative fat and calories will clog your arteries and add extra poundage. Don't think about it. It's free.

From PopCandy blog comes this...if you have seven minutes to spare, watch it. Stunning. I can't even keep my thoughts together long enough to write a fairly even Poetry Friday offering, and then this guy goes and does this? Dang.



MUTO a wall-painted animation by BLU from blu on Vimeo.

5 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

dang.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger meno said...

That free stuff will not make you lean, unless it's on your chair, for support.

That video is amazing.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Clowncar said...

Truly, deeply cool. The video and the soundtrack too. Nice ending.

The cure for the leany thing in my experience has been muscle relaxants and bourbon. It has the added bonus of being kinda fun.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger jaded said...

Slick video!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

I wish we had Dunkin' Donuts...btw McDonald's iced coffee, at least the hazelnut, is crap.

I don't even know why I went there. The commercial annoys the snot outta me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home