Monday, May 12, 2008

"You got your chemicals? 'Cause we're entering the bedbug zone here."

I'm field-trippin'....

Last Friday I went with Boy-child's Fifth Grade class to Greenfield Village, near Detroit (or Day-twa, as we like to French-i-fy it). The Village is an outdoor museum created by Henry Ford, he pulled together historical buildings and a giant carousel and plastic injection mold machines that make replicas of Model Ts, and a riverboat, and huge old trains and frozen custard stands, an old farmhouse with a windmill in the back ala Don Quixote, and about a jillion other buildings and attractions. The kids all had a good time. I got a day off work. I couldn't shake the feeling that the people dressed in frontier garb, making candles and meat pies over open kitchen fires, were probably stoned or slightly tipsy, the better to get through the day. (Damn you, Chuck Palahniuk.)

Tomorrow I go with Girl-child's class to a Big Baseball Game. I think I forgot to tell everyone at work. Except the boss, 'cause he writes my checks.

I now have, like, a field trip every week until early June.

Gah.

On another note, everyone be thinkin' about Irrelephant as he embarks on an exciting adventure.

And Maine is back!

And oh yeah, I saw "Iron Man" over the weekend, totally recommend, and also "Nim's Island", which has the added benefit of Gerard Butler, who is now on my Fantasy Boyfriend list, what with his pecs and Scottish accent and crooked-mouth-way of talking. Yummy.

4 Comments:

At 12:48 AM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

the last month or so of school is always crazy.. programs, field trips, you name it....

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

I found Robert Downey Jr. uncharacteristically hot and The Gwynethhh uncharacteristically charming. The only one who bugged me was the reporter with the horse teeth.

xo

P.S. Merry Christmas (NSFW).

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger gary rith said...

the school is going to the Tiger's game???? lucky dog

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger jaded said...

That's what I should do....take a field trip every week. In fact, you and I can sub for one another. When you're at the ball game, I'll program the hell out of a database, and when I'm hiking you can fill in for me here by laying on the couch all day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home