Friday, July 18, 2008

Poetry Friday: The Word is OUT

Today's Poetry Friday Word is OUT. Feel free to use that word in your blog post today, in whatever form sugar-coats your cereal...story, poem, photo, rendition of your favourite tv theme song....

The kids are begging to go Outside, so I have a short list today:

1) One year ago today, I had a certain body part taken Out. I do not miss that body part, nor do I miss what was happening to my body at the time. In fact, having that surgery was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Once you hit a certain age, periods are totally overrated.

2) My friend Beth came Out to me Sophomore year of college. We sat on the steps of the dorm while she pulled the words out. It came as no surprise. Later she tried to kiss me. Again...no surprise.

3) Later tonight, Girl-child and I are joining some moms and their daughter for a Girls Night Out. Girl-child insists on singing the Hannah Montana song of the same name. Damn you, Disney Channel...you are the devil.


2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger jaded said...

I can't think of anyone who wouldn't want to kiss you. Seems perfectly normal. In fact, I'm fantasizing about kissing you right now

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger meno said...

I think periods are overrated at ANY age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home