Wednesday, May 04, 2005

La Musica

I'm all a-twitter! I got new music yesterday, and friends are generously throwing new music at me today, so whilst I cram more work down my throat, I will be listening to the following:

1) Beck, "Guero". I love this man. This skinny, pasty man. Local station has been playing 'E-Pro' and 'Que Onda Guero', and swear to god, I know what he was thinking when he wrote the second song. Okay, I'm in L.A., in a low-rider, with fringe on the inside and a sweet sound system, and cruisin'. Wifebeater t-shirt and roasting like a pork rind. Bumping down the street whistlin' at the chiquitas. And the skinny, pasty blancos. "Hey, white boy! Where you goin'? Buyin' the new Yanni record? Eh? Pequeno, I'm talkin' a' you!" I love the way Beck weaves a picture.

2) Mike Doughty, "Haughty Melodic". I've heard most of these songs before on streaming audiocasts of radio in-studio acoustic sets. So it's funny knowing the words to most of the songs on a new album! But I dig Mike totally. (Former Soul Coughing lead singer, poet, writer, soundtrack guy.) He signed up with Dave Matthew's label, ATO, and Dave sings with him on the cut, "Tremendous Brunettes". I listened to this last night, headphones, around midnight, and got entirely and gushingly turned on. Dave Matthews IS one of my Fantasy Boyfriends (which reminds me I need to add that list somewhere), so I felt like I was having sex while floating on a cloud without getting pregnant or herpes. (Anyone recognize that movie quote?)

3) LCD Soundsystem. It's really hard to dance at work. My chair has wheels and such that only serve to throw me off balance when I wave my hands in the air (like I just don't care). But I do a mean booty-shake when "Daft Punk is Playing at My House" comes on. My cube-mates are used to me thumping and singing over here, thank goodness.

4) Gomez, "In Our Gun." I know I've heard them, but haven't listened to this cd yet. Friend gave it to me, he liked it, we'll see. Of course, the name 'Gomez' just makes me think of the Addams Family (duh-duh-duh-duh...snap...snap). And how sexy Raul Julia was in the movie version of that. Cara mia!!!

5) Keller Williams, song "Bob Rules". Friend emailed the mp3 to me this morning, and I couldn't stop laughing and peeing my pants with impressiveness! If you watched 'The Price Is Right', you'll dig on this totally. 'Come on down!'

If'n y'all have suggestions for new music I should listen to, please comment. At my house, we have a too-large variety of most everything. Which is probably where a lot of our money goes. Ah-ha! NOW it makes sense!

1 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Agent 31 said...

The only new music I'm qualified to recommend is "Worlds Apart" by ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead. It's unreal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home