Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Perks

I'm late posting today because I was playing nurse all day to the girl-child, who was home again with a fever-producing virus. Hell broke loose Sunday night once we got home from a long trip. Girl-child fell asleep at dinner, woke with a fever, and later threw up (only once, thankfully). Monday, Sergei stayed with her and the boy-child, whose day camp didn't start until Tuesay. The fever still persisted, along with general malaise and a sore throat. No better this morning, I took boy-child to day camp and made a nest on my bed for girl-child to recline on. We watched kids cartoons all day, we played endless games of 'Guess Who', she held my hand a lot and I kissed her hot hot head.

Playing nurse does have its bonuses.

1) Girl-child and I ate ice cream for lunch. Spumoni. Oh glorious creamy heaven!
2) We both took a 3-hour nap. She slept continuously; I of course woke every hour to check on her or do some crazy quick cleaning thing.
3) I got to hear this all day: "I love my mommy! I love my sweet little mommy!"

Tomorrow she will return to preschool and I to work. But today, I got to chill out with a beautiful young thing in Blues Clues pajamas.

3 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger Rob Helpy-Chalk said...

Caroline has started spontaneously declaring her love for me, too. It is so cool.

Just hope you don't get what girl-child has.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Thanks, I'm just hoping boy-child doesn't get it. Me, I'd come to work anyway, unless I was puking...ya know, share the love.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

I would pay your girl-child to call me "little"...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home