Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Le Molecule De Amour

Just read this.

No big surprise, eh? I mean, really, when you’re with someone for the first time, and the second, and then you see them naked on a regular basis (under you, over you, behind you, twisted around in the shower, bent creatively over the kitchen sink), and they’re all hot and mysterious and willing to get on all fours and bark for your cooter, YEAH, of COURSE you’re gonna feel that tingly-tingle in your naughty bits. Duh.

Of course, if you’re really lucky and really smart, and time is on your side, and you find something to love about this person, some common ground, learn to like their music and figure out how to hang around their parents without running screaming for the door...THEN you get that different kind of chemical bang-fer-yer-buck (which of course this article didn’t go into because they thought they were ‘groundbreaking’). Then you get that satisfied, “Ahhhhhh” feeling. That ‘relationship’ feeling. That hopefully lasts for a good long while.

And if not, there’s always masturbation. My twisted mind can always find something to tingle about. I still "Ahhhhhh" about Sergei, don't get me wrong, I'm tingling about him right now and that 'thing' he did the other night, that...daaaaamn, y'all.

But.

I also fantasize in the shower about Danny Elfman. I need to update my Boyfriend List, yo.

(Oh, the Crimson Permanent Assurance came into port last night, for its monthly week-long layover in my loins. Why, oh WHY do I get so horny during my period? Any y’all with medical knowledge help me out here? Can I get an ‘amen’, somebody?)

8 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Marcheline said...

"Amen" - with reservations. The horny usually settles in during the last day or two of the redcoats' stampede.

- M

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well put indeed. Besides that love chemical makes people do some crazy stuff. I much prefer that feeling I get when I look at the boy and think how lucky we both are to be togetha-4-eva.

That and he still gets me hot.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

No reason you shouldn't get sexually aroused during menstruation. I think sex as an evolutionary adaption has more value than just mere reproduction.

See, you have to think of blood as just so much extra lubrication. This is the perfect time for sex in the shower.

I've never understood the taboos about sex during menstruation. Sex is the best thing for menstrual cramps, hands down.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger SVN, prn said...

You asked:

There is some evidence that female sexual desire does fluctuate during the menstrual cycle. Adams, Gold and Burt (1978) found that women report more autosexual activity: they masturbate more, report more sexual fantasies, and more arousal from erotic books and films at the time of ovulation. They also found that women initiated more sexual activity with their partners at the time of ovulation. Udry and Morris (1968) found a higher level of coitus during the follicular phase tending to reach a maximum during ovulation and then a decline in the luteal phase of the female cycle. However others have found peaks in sexual activity both before and after menstruation and at midcycle (Davis, 1929; McCance, Luff, & Widowson, 1937; Hart 1960). James (1971) reanalyzed the data from McCance, et al., Udry, and Morris, along with additional data that he collected and found a predictable peak in sexual behavior after menstruation, and only slight evidence of a midcycle peak. Spitz, Gold and Adams (1978) report similar findings.

http://dataguru.org/love/strathormn.asp

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger SVN, prn said...

and the same things happens to me... I have peaks of desire during my "CPA" ...but being women naturally we are all different :o)

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Bored Housewife said...

I love studies that state the obvious...

I hate bleeding to death every month. It's so damn pointless, at this point.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Miss Sassy said...

I've come to let my gentleman callers know when to expect my cycle just so they 1)pay me a million compliments to keep the crankys away, 2)understand that the pointless DUH studies I might come across will have no effect on my need to 'feel the love bug' due to my having common sense, even when PMSing, and that 3) when I am PMSing I expect them to be at my beckoned call as I already gave myself carpal tunnel this year and all the masturbating during that week really aggrivates it.

And no, I don't think of the menstrual blood as extra lubrication as my naughty bits become overly tender bits during all that hellatious moving around... but whoever is lucky enough to catch me the few days when I'm finished and ready to be had... well, the sensitivity lingers and they feel like they've given me the ride of my life no matter how lame they are... and I'll take the lame ones just to get some after a week of waiting it out!!
Oh, AMEN!!!

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"La molécule d'amour" in french ;)

BTW, I really, really love your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home