Friday, December 02, 2005

Jack’s Nuts Roasting on an Open Fire

Damn that ‘Christmas Song’.

I had to stop at the grocery store this morning, post school-dropoff, to pick up my meds and some work snacks, and I swear, the entire time I was in that store (aimlessly picking up chocolates and fruitcake because the damn pharmacy didn’t open until 8 a.m. gdammit), they played ‘The Christmas Song’.

By Nat King Cole, natch. ‘Cause that’s the absolute bestest one. And I’ll sumo-wrestle you if you disagree with me.

I love the song, please, don’t get me wrong here. It’s just that the song sticks in my head all day long, like someone took the lyrics and plastered it to my brain with maple syrup. It’s so sweet and nostalgic, and makes me long to be 8 years old again and still believe in the magic of Santa.

Instead of being Santa.

Which is fun in itself, but puh-leeze, I hate shopping, and the stress is killing me.

My idea of a ‘fun’ holiday season would be…no work, no school…we traipse to ‘interesting’ stores and magically find everything we need in one trip. We then spend the other 3 weeks of December making cookies, watching movies, and sleeping in…like bears in winter…only we wake up to quaff bourbon-laced eggnog.

And the kids don’t hear me bonking Sergei yet again in a new and delicious fashion.


Check out his blog today, BTW, on his old crush. It wasn’t me. I swear.

Check out QWMaine’s blog today, he is most eloquent. I was expecting a sexysexy post, and got intellectualized, and that’s such a turn-on.

Check out the Libertarian site, which is an intriguing proposition. My friend Tom is trying to convert me.

If you think you're having a bad day, Check out THIS. (What it doesn't mention in this article, but what a friend related to me, is that the dead guy was on the receiving end. Mr Ed! No!)

Have a good weekend!

5 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

I'll sumo wrestle your b*tch a** but I ain't wearin' a thong. :)

Have a holly, jolly, Crapmas.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Pisser: Bare-ass nekked, baby! (With that cute little ponytail on top of our heads. Can't forget the fashion statement.)

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Sergei C. said...

Stop reading my mind, you two!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger T.A.N. said...

Hi Mona. Bono. I knew there was someplace I hadn't been in a while that was missing.

exactly how many new and delicious fashions do you and sergei have?

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

Mona, I think the libertarians are "pro-chewing tobacco."

Stay away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home