Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Sick Bowl, Hippies, and Tomorrow’s Poetry Friday

1) First things first…The Word for tomorrow’s Poetry Friday (aka Group Blogging Masturbation) is: YELLOW. You have no one to blame for this but me. ‘Yellow’ has come up a lot lately, in various forms, and what the hey. Feel free to post poetry, story line, photos, clay sculptures, whatever, in your post tomorrow.

2) The Hippies won Amazing Race 9! I”ve never been happier to see a reality tv result. The Frat Boys gave them a run for their money, but I felt nothing but delighted schadenfreude when the Frat Boys came in number two and mumbled through their droopy mouths how brains won. Yeah, dammit. On another reality tv tangent, I heard The Hobbit was voted out of American Idol last night. Whaddya wanna bet that McPhee chick wins the title?

3) Boy-child woke up at 2:30 a.m. this morning, grabbed the sick bowl, and made it into the bathroom before expelling the contents of his stomach. I was up with him the rest of the night, with occasional naps in my own bed. Sergei is home with him today and I’ll take tomorrow. I HATE when the kids are sick, at the mercy of some unseen gremlin in their belly. But dealing with it is calming for me. Everything else fades in importance when your kids are sick, and I find my ‘calming voice’ and actually succeed in feeling like I’m doing something worthwhile. However, I’m at work and feeling extremely shagged and fagged and fashed. I will hopefully sleep well tonight, oh yes.

4 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

You are way too familiar with kid barf.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

Oh, I hope the whole family doesn't get it! (I knocked on wood as I typed that ...)

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger annush said...

I want a kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Cynical Girl: I don't even flinch anymore. I've been bathed in every bodily fluid and we have awesome cleaning products.


jo(e): Thanks for the good luck charm! Girl-child was sick a few weeks ago after I was sick, and Sergei got a mild strain of it then too. Boy-child missed the first wave...poor thing.

Annush: Having a kid is an awesome experience. (And exhausting. And messy.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home