Friday, May 06, 2005

Don't Let Those Robots Eat Me

I feel like distracted Supergirl today, I have a billion jillion projects and personal stuff to do and am I getting any work at work done today? Hell No! It's Friday, all the managers are in a meeting, and at least I look busy.

But I digress.

But I digest.

Y'know that phrase, "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get ya!"? Well, my lastest paranoidism is a blue truck. A very specific blue truck that I see every fucking time I'm out driving. I shit you not. And it's not like everyone and their spawn has this vehicle (unlike the two dozen silver SUVs I saw this morning in a two-mile radius on the way to work, I swear that's another conspiracy waiting to happen).

The blue truck I keep seeing has a specific metal frame in the back, specific blue striping, specific rusted parts, and a specific working-guy-in-a-baseball-cap driver. Sometimes I see the truck on the way to the boy-child's school in the morning, which would make sense as we may just happen to have the same morning schedule. BUT I see this truck when I go to the bank in the middle of the day. And sometimes at night. Maybe he's just a neighbor, or a hard-working guy who likes to show off his piece of shit truck. AND maybe there actually are other trucks like his in our fair city. But even so, why are those trucks spying on me? (I think I should probably stop watching tv shows, cop shows and mysteries and such, where people are being stalked. And where trucks actually stalk humans. I hate those shows.)

Change of topic....

There was a half-deflated helium balloon in the middle of a busy intersection this morning. It had enough oomph to float about car-window height, and blow around the lanes a little bit. Which TOTALLY FREAKED OUT everyone driving in those lanes. They all sorta stopped and lurched forward when the bouncy thing hit their windows. It's just not something you expect to see when you're driving.

Boomph!
There's a balloon!
With the logo of a local coffee shop on it!
Pressing itself up to my window!
I need coffee!
Whoops!
There it goes!!
G'bye, balloon!!
Oops, I gotta drive now!

Girl-child and I were watching the ruckus, and she piped up with, "Maybe there's a parade in the middle of the street!!!" I like that idea. Maybe I'll get more of those balloons, let 'em loose, and take photos. I think that'd make a nice artistic installation in some rich-guys art gallery.

And now I'm questioning why I always feel the need to pee right before a work meeting? Which I have in 4 minutes now?

So I'll be off. And maybe coming back. Unless that damn blue truck finds me first....

3 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Okapi said...

Just love that pause above.

Next time balloons are on special at Asda, I'm going to buy a heap and "liberate" them from the car on my way to work.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Bear said...

You need to get some of these balloons!

The guy in the blue truck is most likely posting about the freaky girl that he keeps seeing all over town on his blog!

Please keep writing, your blog is great!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Bear shaved! Nice, man, nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home