Sunday, May 08, 2005

MOM

It's almost not Mother's Day anymore.

I never post on the weekend. But I wanted to today.

A shout-out to my mom, who doesn't know I blog, doesn't know what a blog is, and who isn't quite sure how this internet thing really works. But mom, I know I called you tonight and we talked for a while, and we sent cards and all that, but I just wanted to send waves out to you again, and say I love you. I'm sorry that your brother died yesterday. I cried on the phone. 'Cause I'm your daughter, and I felt so little. And you were the mom, so damn strong. Your strength is something I'm honing, every day, as a mother myself, and I learn from you. Still learning. Always will.

To you out there who are mothers, have mothers and stepmothers and mother-figures, have some or no thoughts yourself to being a mother, or making someone else a mother, I say, Have A Wonderful Day.

To my husband and children, I say, thank you for making this day so special.

To Mother Earth, who sustains us, I say, my eternal gratitude.

2 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Pisser said...

Aww...that last part was a little mental. Environ-mental, that is. I like :)

I called my grandmas, mom, and stepmonster, if only to say, "thanks for STEALING my dad!"

Bleccch.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

You're such a good doobie!

Can I say 'doobie' without the blog police arresting me for drug-related-words?

DOOBIE!!!

DOOBIE!!!

DOOBIE!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home