Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ready...Aim...Fire(wall)

I was all set to post today, my head all full of scintillating nonsense and drivel. I had 10 minutes at work to do my magic, and every time I tried to get to my blog...nuthin. "Page Cannot Be Displayed." Couldn't get to Sergei's blog. Couldn't get to ANY blog. Well, I thought, blogger sucks today.

But then I talked to Sergei in the afternoon, and he said, "Didja see my post today?"

Fuck.

It's the work servers.

Godfuckindammitpisscockballs.

Our server/hardware guy is a friend of mine, so I casually asked him to look up a blog I frequent. Couldn't get it. Then he tried the one computer in the building that doesn't go through our network server.

It worked.

"Gotta be a firewall thing on the network. It monitors what comes in, and what goes out. The software decides it, not me. We'll see if it "fixes itself" tonight and if not, we'll bash on it tomorrow."

So.

This post is to let you know I'm alive. And I'm gonna try to post Wednesday from work. If you see something, that means we killed the firewall. If you don't, it means I'm pissed. 'Cause then I'll have to post every night instead of every morning, and I won't be able to read yer blogs or comment during the day, when everyone's fresh, but will have to wait until I'm groggy and bed-bound.

OR.

I'll have to unveil my 'evil plan', and create a blog just for work, for my IT department. To help us communicate better on projects, or whatever lame excuse I can come up with. Which will be odd because I won't be able to share it with y'all, 'cause I'll use real names of real people. And SuicidalGuyInTheNextCube would sincerely jump if he knew how I'd been talking about him. BUT at least I'd have an excuse to have the company look into changing firewalls. I'm so selfish.

I cannot be even a little happy at this series of unfortunate events, but I can write a haiku:

My soul longs to blog.
Firewall is saying no.
It can kiss my ass.

3 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger Pisser said...

Mmm, "bash on it tomorrow". ;)

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's probably not a firewall issue, but more likely a url filtering issue. And if it is, then you just might be S O L.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

I love the haiku!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home