I think that song "Pink Thing" by XTC really IS about a...!!!
Very busy today (and yesterday) with work and with emergency school board stuff…yet again…so you get Potpourri for $500, Alex.
1) Under “Excuse me, your geek is showing”…today I stood in line with eager anticipation to buy four sheets of these stamps. Which should have come out last Monday and which my post office didn’t have, much to my surprise. And which I forced my post office guy to find today. Four sheets. One for each kid in their baby book, one for me to fondle lovingly, and one to use for special occasion birthday cards and such. I mean, come on, how could you pass these up???!!! My favorite is Frederick, a book by Leo Lionni. If you’ve never read it, you MUST. While the other little mice gather corn and nuts to keep the mouse family alive during the winter, Frederick gathers colors, and words, and when the food is nearly gone, he reminds them of the golden fields, and how wonderful the sun will feel, and gives them memories and hope. It’s really about being an artist. I read this book as a kid, and it’s my absolute favorite children’s book.
2) All the snow is gone, it’s in the 40s, and the humidity is 95%. It’s Michigan in the dead of January. Is this global warming? Or is this Mother Nature’s way of lulling us into complacency and then dumping 6 feet of snow on us in early February? Ma Nature can be a right bitch sometimes.
3) A friend sent me a link to this site. I’m ordering you right now to click the link to “Bring It On Home To Me”, and if you don’t get goosebumps listening to this, I will personally come to your house and jam an IV of ‘soul’ in yer arm, dagnabbit.
4) Boy-child has discovered the joy of sleeping sans clothing. So at least he learned THAT from his parents.
5) Has anyone sent an anonymous letter to the media, ala Deepthroat? I’m thinking of doing that. I’ll need to buy gloves to hide the fingerprints.
6) I’ve had the theme from “Catscratch” in my head all frickin’ morning. I don’t really mind it so much.
7) Question: if a woman took Viagra, would her hmmmhmmhmm suddenly protrude? Just wondering…. Also, went to Wikipedia to get a link, and it directed me here. WARNING: NSFW!! Female genitalia!. Damn! Wasn’t expecting that!
8) Oh, the XTC song? Somewhere here.