Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A Freezer Full of Circumspect *

Hella busy at work and then with kids later, so what you get is a snapshot of the grace and delicateness that is your friend, Mona.

Yesterday I ran around like a madwoman trying to get my car fixed. After work, I had 40 minutes to pay for the repairs, drive the rental car 3 blocks away, walk BACK to the muffler and brake place, drive like mad to get the kids from school, and get them to taekwondo.

SO.

Paid for the car stuff.

Drove the car to the rental place.

Stumbled up the front steps to go inside and pay for the damn thing.

Waiting room was packed.

Started walking up to the counter, TRIPPED over a huge bump in the front door rug, caught myself….

…And farted.

Out loud.

It was the kind of air expulsion that couldn’t be disguised as anything else.

I.
DIDN’T
FRICKIN’
CARE.

I reveled in the non-caring-ness I was feeling.

Felt like super-frickin’-woman.

Left a cloud of Mona-gas in the car rental place.

Made it to taekwondo with 5 minutes to spare.


* This was a line from a dream I had last night. I have no idea what it means.

5 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Orange said...

I love it!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

Way to stand tall!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger el.dude said...

Your new name: Mona Thunderclap!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

Christ woman, I'm surprised you have time to fart.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Orange said...

Mona's so busy, she has to multitask. She only farts while running errands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home