Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Outta Control

I usually blog at work, unless I feel really motivated late at night and post at home for the next day. So I sit hunched over my desk, cramming blog posts in, clicking over to a ‘work’ screen when I hear the boss approaching, hoping to jeebus no one walks by my cube as I’m typing a witty awe-inspiring comment (more like crazy creepy innuendo-filled spurt of words) on someone’s blog.

I just had a feeling of ‘ahhhh’ because I was getting caught up reading blog posts from y’all over the last few days, and then I realized…

I hadn’t posted today.

And I had nothing to say that didn’t have to do with how I’m loathing work, or the amount of caffeine-free diet coke I drink in a day, or how gassy I feel because of all the damn veggies I’m eating, or how much I want to roll the members of ‘Eagles of Death Metal’ into a ball and have crazy drunken sex with them, and boy isn’t it hot out today and when will I write the Great American Whatever so I can have summers off to lounge by a pool and eat crazy melon balls soaked in vodka.

Ever have one of those days?

7 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

Yes!

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you sister!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Megan Stuke said...

Well, I've lost my "summers off" priviliges since I quit teaching, but I'm off this week, and with your inspiration, I'm off to sun myself by a pool and eat something infused.

Ta ta!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Marcheline said...

somebody save me... there's over an hour left of this godforsaken day and I finished all my work two hours ago.... I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed- something.



yes, I know how you feel. Only instead of the Eagle whatsis, I'll take the Blue Angels pilots, rolled into a ball...

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Miss Sassy said...

Welcome to the Club.
Glad to have ya.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

That's my life.

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger SVN, prn said...

yes, ma'am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home