Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Thankful List

I’m checking out for a few days, to bask in the glory of tryptophan snoozing and pumpkin-pecan overindulgence.

I haven’t written a ‘Thankful’ list in years. I dunno, some raw character flaw, I guess, whereby I’m apparently an ungrateful bitch who whines too much and doesn’t take time to appreciate the flowers or the small bunnies inevitably living there. (Mmm…small bunnies is good eatin’….)

Well, off my ass and high-ho to thankfulness!

Have a good and safe weekend, everyone! Please make sure to wear the stretchy pants, and if you drink, don’t drive…just fall asleep on the couch like a normal person…make sure you put the garbage can near your head.


Mona’s Thankful List, 2006

1) I’m thankful my children are healthy. (Except for that ear-thing of Girl-child’s.)

2) I’m thankful my children are happy. (Except for when their mean Mom says ‘No’, and then hoo-boy, I’m thankful they have their own rooms to send them to.)

3) I’m thankful my husband and I are done with our various surgeries. (For now.)

4) I’m thankful for my husband. (And even more thankful for that ‘position’ we discovered, which is now my favorite.)

5) I’m thankful for my house. (The basement floods, the roof is growing mold, the bathtub drain stinks like Evil lives there, and the inner walls are ribboned with Bad 1930’s Carpentry Ideas. But still…MY house.)

6) I’m thankful for my job. (It would be better if I could telecommute one or two days a week, I mean, come ON, I could get just as much done and stay in pjs all day and not have to deal with Marketing bugging me for stupid shit. But yeah, I love my job.)

7) I’m thankful for my extended family. (Some of them belong in the mental ward, a few belong in jail, and still others should exercise that ‘Love thy neighbor as thyself’ bible thing they keep spouting…but still…they’d give me the shirt off their backs…and their shoes…and prolly their stanky underwear, if I needed it.)

8) I’m thankful for cable television. (I couldn’t get through a day without it. Could. Not.)

9) I’m thankful for folks who give…without asking for money or recognition…and folks who recognize that we’re not all alike, and that their needs and wants are different from yours and mine, and that to get along in this world, we have to recognize that and not be so damn selfish and close-minded.

10) I’m thankful for you all…yes, you blog readers and posters…for letting me feel connected somehow to something other than the machinations of my own brain. I tip my glass of Beaujolais Nouveau to you and goose you under the table. (And goose you again, for good measure.)

6 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Lynnea said...

You're welcome. Thank you.

I'm thankful for being goosed first thing in the morning, twice, under the table. I feel confident I can go about my day with a little lilt in my step.

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a safe and happy thanksgiving as well. Not break for me. Being a part of the Nablopomo, I am doing a post a day this month. But since we are at home this thanksgiving it should be a piece of cake no?

Maybe someday you might enlighten us about the "poition".
I have not done a thanksgiving list but I will this year.

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Mona for Mona. I think it's been roughly a year that we've traded comments, so it is quite appropos this day to say thanks to you for being the only one who came to the meetings for a long while. I felt like I was reading to one person, but that person kept laughing, clapping, and pointing and going "Woo! Woo! Woo!" Finally, someone heard all that noise you were making in my blog and peeked in and now I have wonderful readers too. You don't know how cool that felt. Thanks, and have a fine turkey eatin' time.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Orange said...

I'm thankful for that "astronaut" position that Sergei wrote about last year, and I'm gonna need a schematic for the new one you're enjoying!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Nice list...Have fun turkeying!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Have a happy Thanksgiving. I haven't written a thanful list in ages - maybe ever. I can't remember doing this. what an ingrate I am!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home