Thursday, June 12, 2008

Poetry Friday Word for Tomorrow…in quarters, dimes, etc.

Come on over here and sit by me.

You’re looking really nice today. And what is that scent you’re wearing? Mmmm…spicy…nice….

I missed you.

I took a couple days off to decompress. Schools done. All our sports are done. I actually had time to do the little stuff I’ve been putting off…like peeing…and getting more than 4 hours of sleep a night.

I know…decadent!

It’s Thursday already (how the hell that happened…beyond me). I had a beautiful word all set in my head for Poetry Friday, and then…as per usual…POOF…the damn thing fizzled away as soon as my attention was caught by a fuzzy ball of fluff that landed in my peripheral.

Know how you get a song stuck in your head? Usually a stupid, insipid song, one which shouldn’t even register on your Cool Meter? And stays there, interrupting your Very Brilliant Thoughts and making you tap out a tattoo on the desk while in The Big Projects Meeting with the bosses? Yeah. That. That sucks. But I know it happens to you. And may happen to you today.

This morning I had an endless loop of the 80s one-hit-wonder, “Let’s Go All the Way”.

I know, right?

Stupid, insipid, blahblah.

But still…it stuck.

So I found the video…and played it several times…and was dumbfounded that not only did I remember all the words, but all the inflections and dance moves. Gar. And then, being the investigative gal I am, I looked up the members of the band…who are now 20 years older…and shuddered at how OLD they’ve become. I mean…what?! Did we all do this? Start out with smooth skin and great hair and a bounce in our step, and end up where we are now…looking like our parents?

Fack.

The Poetry Friday WORD for Tomorrow is…CHANGE. As in, OMG, how we’ve changed. Or…you may count the coins in your pocket as change. Or the diapers you take on and off as change. Or whatever meaning of the word flips up the collar on your Izod polo shirt. Feel free to use the word CHANGE in your blog post tomorrow, in whatever lovely lilting style you choose…song, poem, photo, recipe, rope trick, hot lick, oil slick.

And now…without further ado…I give you my Obsessive Song of the Day. Run…run quickly….

5 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger meno said...

I'm NOT LISTENING.

la la la la la la

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger gary rith said...

augh!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger jaded said...

running....still running. Whew! I'm under the bed.

Am I safe?

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Clowncar said...

Oh my. That is a truly terrible song. Thanks for sticking it in my head. I'm gonna come over to your house and play Raffi for revenge. His songs will stick in your head for weeks. Months. Years. Still trying to shake "Must Be Santa" outta the synapses.

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must have damaged the earworm bit of my brain--for years now I've been free from having songs imbedded in my grey matter. THANKFULLY. Seems there's people out there who freely go handing out dangerous songs, infecting innocent folk, getting them hooked on A-Ha and Cindy Lauper and such.

(The veri word is "Nufio." Sounds like a Spanish boy-band.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home