Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Rez

Just as I pulled into work this morning, "Head Like a Hole" came on my radio. I got all head-bangy and cranked that junk waayyyy up, and rolled down my windows, and screamed out the lyrics with Trent.

Especially poignant since I was parked in front of the building. In front of the office of the company president.

He wasn't there, of course, his Lexus doesn't pull in til 10 a.m.

"Head like a hole!"
"Black as your soul!"
"I'd rather die!"
"Then give you control!"

Felt pretty damn good, I must say. I walked into work like Tony What-his-ass in 'Saturday Night Fever', all cocky and angry and feeling like I shoulda wore all black like back in my angry-alll-black days.

And then the day just took on blacker tones as the day progressed.

Which was what I thought would happen.

Toooo busy, too many people trying to fuck with my head, too many whiners, I just wanna take 'em out back and tie 'em to the railroad tracks and see if they squish flat like those pennies we used to put on the rails.

*SPLURT*

Yup. Guess they do.

After the second day in a row of working on stupid useless projects, I had to do a spreadsheet of all the stuff I did, who for, what I did, why, and how much time it took.

So I spent 16 hours over two days working on insanity.
And 2 hours writing up what I did.

Does that make ANY fucking sense?

"Bow down before the one you serve."
"You're gonna get what you deserve."

4 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Rose said...

Oh my god, I used to hate having to do that. As if it's not bad enough imagining that someone's standing over your shoulder watching everything you do, to then have to write it all down so someone can go down the list with a red pen and check - check - check each thing off in an effort to validate that what you did was in fact the right thing at the right time... UARGH. I do NOT miss going to an office every day, not for one second.

Yay, you and Trent.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Okapi said...

It makes no sense whatsoever, but that's normal for office life in general.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Bored Housewife said...

I love how those lines infer sodomy. :)

and yeah, good ole Trent--great way to get the blood pumping, but not necessarily the way to be a spring in your step...heh.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Yeah, listening to Trent always makes me want to bang Sergei like a judge bangs a gavel....

WHAP!!!
WHAPPP!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home