Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Dear Diary, Today I took one look at you and thought, DIE! DIE! DIE YOU PIECE OF SHIT! Love, Mona

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhgoddammit.

I know you all know what I’m talking about when I say...

i hate my fucking blog
i don’t know why i do it
where the hell did my mojo go

GGGGGAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGHH.

(Whew, that was actually cleansing. Not so much in a Kenny-Loggins-met-his-second-wife-when-she-gave-him-a-colonic sort of way. More like a deep inhale on someone’s nasty-ass cigarette after too many pints of Guinness at the Irish Pub.)

It's a stage, of course, we all go through bouts of hating and loving our blogs, wanting to kiss it then punch it in the face til it spits all its teeth out.

I'm lookin' for something'. A redesign. A focus (YES! An actual FOCUS! Not just a schizo mommy/sexy/schoolboard/workerbee/wife thing I can’t even describe.). Audio posts? Boobie shots? Poetry Friday?

Fuck me, I have no clue.

What I do know is this: my wish to let this blog be a creative outlet has not materialized. I’ve gotten lazy, or complacent, I’m too afraid to step out there with an opinion on something, too chicken-shit to be political, too afraid of stepping on toes to challenge an idea. Too safe.

Wah! Wah! Watch Mona cry! Watch Mona eat a pint of Chunky Monkey ice cream with a bag of M&Ms dumped into it. See her watch “The Color Purple” just so she can bawl her eyes out at the end. See the sideshow, folks, only fiddy cent!

Whatevah. I'm so over it.

And I sooo need a drink, y’all.


Impeach Bush!
Keep Abortion Legal!
Jesus Was A Liberal Jew!


5 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Marcheline said...

I have noticed a definite trend lately in many of my favorite blogs... the authors are all whining and moaning about wanting to change their blogs' appearance.

It's spring, folks - the seasons are changing, so it's completely natural to want to clean up and get a fresh breath in things.

So just do it already!

8-)

- M

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Marcheline: That occurred to me too. Every Feb/March I have a mental freakout. Damn cabin fever. Thanks for the shove, lady!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger annush said...

you do need a drink and after reading that i need one too!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Miss Sassy said...

Ditto.

And screw it.

Changes will happen and blog designs evolve and we all still click around each others blog rolls when the text gets off our radar... Do Yo Thang Gurl!!

Adn ditto all that bottom stuff to. Just don't go political on us b/c there are far too many ranters out there and I'd hate to loose Mona in the mix. =)

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

d_man: Make you a deal...I'll do boobie shots, and you bring that camera of yours down to groin level, mister.

Annush: Cheers! (click!)

Miss Sassy: I'm one of those emotional political folks, I'm not sure I'm well-spoken enough. I can write dirty poetry, tho!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home